Increase font size Decrease font size

Home and Contents Insurance

Attention: open in a new window. Print

While many of your valued possessions are irreplaceable, there are a surprising number of items you would need to replace, should the worst happen.

If there is any damage to your home or contents, it's important to make sure that you have the right level of cover to get back up on your feet quickly.

ECU's Home and Contents Insurance can protect your most valuable asset, your home, against a range of events including fire, theft, malicious acts, rainwater damage or even a car running into your house!

There are two levels of cover available to all ECU Members:

  1. First Choice Home Insurance - cover for all listed events such as fire or explosion, lightning, earthquake, theft or attempted theft, malicious damage, cyclone and flood cover.
  2. First Choice Accidental Damage - cover against almost any type of accidental loss or damage.


  • New for old replacement cover for all contents and carpets
  • 15 year electrical motor burn out on household electrical items
  • Liability insurance
  • Option to pay fortnightly or monthly at no extra cost

Useful Links and Tools

CGU Key Fact Sheets

More information

Enquire now and our insurance manager will get in touch with you enquire now


Get a free online quote in minutes Apply Today with ECU


If you have any questions, please contact us Contact ECU


Conditions apply. This insurance product is issued by CGU Insurance Limited ABN 27 004 478 371 AFSL No. 238291 (CGU). This is general information only and may not suit your particular circumstances. Before making decisions about insurance products you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your circumstances and the Product Disclosure Statement available from any office of ECU .