Follow these simple suggestions to keep your cards safe.
Guidelines for ensuring the security of your card and PIN:
- When you first receive your new card, sign it immediately
- If the card is a replacement, cut up your old card
- Never carry your card and PIN together
- Always cover your PIN when using ATM and EFTPOS machines
- If you believe an ATM has been tampered with, do not use it
- Ensure that the ATM transaction has been completed before walking away
- Be aware of anyone acting suspiciously near the ATM
- Be alert for anyone trying to observe you entering your PIN
- Always keep your card in sight during a transaction
- When shopping online, only deal with reputable companies, and check for the padlock symbol and https:// address
- If you are going overseas, advise us before you travel so that we can monitor any overseas transactions
What if my card is lost or stolen?
If your card is lost or stolen, please call the Credit Union immediately on one of the following numbers.
- During working hours - 1800 383 791
- Outside of working hours - 1800 621 199
Verified by Visa
All existing and new Visa cards are automatically registered for Verified by Visa, joining more than 335 million Visa cardholders, for this free service. Each time you make an online purchase with a participating merchant, the Verified by Visa program assesses the risk level of the transaction. Certain activity may seem out of the ordinary - maybe because it's a high dollar value transaction, or a retailer you've never bought from before. In these instances you may be asked to confirm some simple personal details - like date of birth or address details - so we can be sure the card is not used without your permission. Your privacy is our priority - this information is used only to verify your identity.